During my fitness journey I have had a tendency to push myself during exercise and because of my impatience I probably pushed a bit more than what is recommended. I was on a roll and started seeing fantastic results and there was no way I was going to do what was recommended…rest! With this no rest attitude I needed to work some pain and soreness out. The foam roller and a weekly massage were two resources that assisted in my progress/recovery. The wiser and ahem..older me does now include rest into my routine .
Yes, I made the decision that there is no reason to feel guilty about getting a massage. Does it seem too self-indulgent? Actually, massage has many important health benefits.
*The Health Benefits of Massage:
- Massage calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
- Massage reduces tension and anxiety.
- Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Massage prevents and relieve muscles cramps and spasms.
- Massage therapy can also help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.
How are you feeling today? Maybe a massage is in your plans?
Stay Healthy and NEVER, NEVER give up on your journey!