The Holidays are upon us! It seems that during this time of celebration we find ourselves busy, full of stress and always in a hurry. It could be finances, an abundance of obligations or a thought of a lost loved one. What do you do, what do I do to keep a healthier approach to the season?
- Prioritize the activities-no need to “do it all.”
- Set aside a specific time to process sad and lonely feelings. Don’t let the feelings control you..YOU decide to move onto the positive thoughts, take control.
- Maintain the healthy habits
- Set a budget and stick with it
- Don’t dwell in the past, use those experiences to keep the journey moving forward with strong resolve!
- Do something for someone else…maybe volunteering some time to help.
- Try something new…make a snowman, snow fort. No snow? Make a sandcastle
- Always schedule time for yourself-read a book, movie etc.
- Keep up the fitness routine or start a new one.
Maybe a useful thought or two? What do the holidays do for you? How do you celebrate?
Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living! -Bradley